La frog and roast beef! Hello from england UK

This is the place to introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself.....
roastysprouts

La frog and roast beef! Hello from england UK

Post by roastysprouts »

Hello everyone, how are you today?

My first and undoubtably not my last beetle!!

After many years going to shows followed by the monotony of auto-trader / ebay I finally found a 66.

Originally it was a Deluxe bahama blue 1300cc from Chambery savoie (within the foothills of the french alpes for all those who ski).
The car was then worked on abound 8-9 years ago by the previous owner who fitted fiberglass wings, a 1641cc mexican block and over sprayed it.

Since owning it ive generally been tidying it up, removing endless amounts of stickers, removing the nasty aftermarket mirrors and trims, and fitting original parts. Replacing cracked window seals, wheels, new loom ect ect, and been generally sticking more chrome on it than you could shake a stick at. It may not quite look like it was originally designed to.... but I love it.
Attachments
3.jpg
3.jpg (158.33 KiB) Viewed 2908 times
4.jpg
4.jpg (202.95 KiB) Viewed 2908 times
1.jpg
1.jpg (205.39 KiB) Viewed 2908 times
jmartini
Administrator

Post by jmartini »

Welcome to the Forum Roastysprouts! The Bug looks beautiful!
fatalifeaten

Post by fatalifeaten »

Rear apron changed out? Looks like a '67 or later decklid.

Sweet ride no matter what though!
Blue Baron

Post by Blue Baron »

I agree. Methinks it may be a '67. Check the chassis numbers. The first three numbers would be 116 for a '66. If it's 117, the car is a '67.
roastysprouts

Post by roastysprouts »

I Just had a look at the vin and its *117 212......, and doing some research I believe (unless im wrong) that gives it a DOB somewhere between August and September '66. So am I right thinking it was built in a sort of "change over" period?
It would explain the decklid and kind of makes me want to keep it on if its how it was built.