Brighter Headlights

Let's hear about your 1966 VW Beetle - How long have you owned it? What attracted you to this specific model year? what makes it unique? PLEASE - NO TECHNICAL OR MECHANICAL QUESTIONS IN THIS FORUM - PLEASE POST THEM IN THE TECHNICAL/MECHANICAL SECTION. Thanks John
riocat53

Brighter Headlights

Post by riocat53 »

Well I am enjoying owning a 66 again...It was in excellent condition when I got it and I have added new tires, radio and the assorted gravel guards and trim...My only problem is... my headlights just are not bright and I am driving her at night sometimes...all my connections are clean, I have a new battery...still it is hard to see at night...is there anyway to get brighter headlights w/a 6v system?...are there any hybred 6/volt headlights out there?
pira114

Post by pira114 »

Other than switching to 12volt, the only way I know of is to get a 6v booster. Not even sure if that's what it's called. I have one, but have yet to install it. Don't know why. I got it with the car a couple years ago and haven't put it in yet. Previous owner told me they were not made anymore or hard to get. I'll see if I can find it and tell you the name or post a pic of it.
--------------------------------------------------

This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave. ~Elmer Davis
riocat53

Post by riocat53 »

Thanks, I am curious to see how well a Booster (or whatever it is called) works...
Blue Baron

Post by Blue Baron »

Questions like these should be posted in the technical forum.