66' is on the way, fingers crossed !!

This is the place to introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself.....
VWPOMO1

66' is on the way, fingers crossed !!

Post by VWPOMO1 »

Hello all,

After looking hard and long, I've finally decided on a 1966. I feel that they are one of the best years ... I really had to fight the 67' as there are a lot of them out there - and feel that they were the start of the the "modern" beetles with the headlight change, etc.

I've conditionally purchased my beetle. But, the current owner backed it into the garage and dinged the rear fender - so I asked him to fix it before I brought it home. We agreed to honour our agreement. And now I'm waiting for the fender to get finished at the paint and body shop.

I'm from beautiful Vancouver, British Columbia Canada where the days are sunny (baring no rain) and the mountains are snow covered.

This website has been a great value to me in researching my beelte purchase - Thanks for all the help !!!

B.
jmartini
Administrator

Post by jmartini »

Hey B! Thanks for joining and Welcome! I'm glad the site helped out! I'm looking forward to hearing more about your VW and may I say"CONGRATULATIONS" :!: :!: :!:
fourcylinder

Post by fourcylinder »

Congratulations VWPOMO1!!! I think you made the absolute right choice! I think '66 was the best year - and of course the last of the six volt systems! I'm sure you won't regret it! Hope to see some pictures soon!
Phil
San Antonio