my first vw

Let's hear about your 1966 VW Beetle - How long have you owned it? What attracted you to this specific model year? what makes it unique? PLEASE - NO TECHNICAL OR MECHANICAL QUESTIONS IN THIS FORUM - PLEASE POST THEM IN THE TECHNICAL/MECHANICAL SECTION. Thanks John
sethanie

my first vw

Post by sethanie »

So my husband ran across this hot pink '66 beetle with a frozen engine, a pretty good body and only a few hundred dollars. I've always wanted either a beetle or a ghia, so he leapt at this and against my better money saving judgement, we bought it. Regardless, I couldn't stop grinning. The windows came clean easy and the decals must have been put on long after the paint dried because they come off with a fingernail scratch. The interior is terrible.

Well, the motor is shot. He took it down to the case today and the cam was broken in 3 places. Whatever they did, they did it good!

Now we're going to start looking for an inexpensive 1300cc motor.

Just had to show off my new baby. Hopefully soon she will be up and running!
Attachments
IMG_0798.jpg
IMG_0798.jpg (36.45 KiB) Viewed 4597 times
pira114

Post by pira114 »

I like the personalized plate! :P
--------------------------------------------------

This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave. ~Elmer Davis
jmartini
Administrator

Post by jmartini »

Very nice! Welcome to the Forum! Looking forward to hearing how she comes along!
Blue Baron

Post by Blue Baron »

Wow, what a nice find. And you sound like a proud new doting mom.
sethanie

Post by sethanie »

Well, we ran across a '71 1600cc engine case and got it for $100. We stripped it down for a look and it looks AWESOME. Now I don't know if i'll be upsetting anyone by not keeping my 66 authentic, but I'm happy to have the prospect of a running bug that won't cost us an arm and a leg :)