I'm a newbie, Hi everyone!

This is the place to introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself.....
bmarx

I'm a newbie, Hi everyone!

Post by bmarx »

After years of wanting a bug, and being picky about it, I finally found the one I wanted. It's a 66 still wearing the original paint which I believe is bahama blue. I bought it from the 2nd owner and it still has the owners manual, original service records and warranty card in the glove box. The engine is not running, but I could not pass it up. We are going to do a compression test to see how bad off it is.
rokemester

Post by rokemester »

Welcome to the 66 club! You picked a great model year. Welcome to the forum and please post pics of your new acquisition.
jmartini
Administrator

Post by jmartini »

Welcome to the Forum bmarx - congrats on the 66!
bmarx

Post by bmarx »

rokemester wrote:Welcome to the 66 club! You picked a great model year. Welcome to the forum and please post pics of your new acquisition.
well, here's a few...well, I am having problems posting them. What am I doing wrong? I resized them
Bruce Rank

Welcome!

Post by Bruce Rank »

Your new 66 sounds like quite a find. It sounds like you patience has paid off. Good luck and looking forward to seeing pics of your new project car.

Bruce Rank
Discovery Bay, CA
jmartini
Administrator

Post by jmartini »

[/quote]well, here's a few...well, I am having problems posting them. What am I doing wrong? I resized them[/quote]

Hi bmarx: If the pictures are too large they just end up as links, which works too, others will just need to click on the download link (I added one so you could see what it looks like). I think the issue you are having is that you are not clicking on the add attachement button after you browse and find the picture you want to add to your post. Make sure you click on "add attachment" for each picture first, then "submit" when you are ready to complete your post. Hope this helps. John
Attachments
jmartini%20and%2066.jpg
(733.16 KiB) Downloaded 570 times
empiracer1966

Post by empiracer1966 »

BMARX,

Welcome to the forum!

I too can not wait to see the pix of your new pride and joy!

Brian
2 "BUG" infested garages='57 rag top, '61 recently sold, 2-'64s, 2-'66s 1 s.r. other is a standard, "66 Deluxe Bus-recently sold, '73 & a '74 bugs, 2 kids and a Beautiful, encouraging Wife with a 2 tone "Retro Look" '01 "Sport" turbo NB