Just bought a 66,,, i am stoked,,, i am new to the vw's,,,

Let's hear about your 1966 VW Beetle - How long have you owned it? What attracted you to this specific model year? what makes it unique? PLEASE - NO TECHNICAL OR MECHANICAL QUESTIONS IN THIS FORUM - PLEASE POST THEM IN THE TECHNICAL/MECHANICAL SECTION. Thanks John
ampline

Just bought a 66,,, i am stoked,,, i am new to the vw's,,,

Post by ampline »

Hey,,, whats up,,, my name is Kevin,, just wanted to introduce myself.. I just bought a 1966 beetle (white with red) pretty solid little car (especially considering i live in the rust belt).. I am very excited about turning some wrenches on this little car.. I don't know much about vw's,,, but i feel like i kinda lucked into this one (left a note on the windshield months ago,, got a call today,, bought it on the spot)... I am no stranger to wrenching on old cars and doing body work (i restore old land cruiser fj-40's and like playing on old ford hot rods)... I will post some pictures as soon as i get some of my new 66?
I promise you all i will have lots of questions,, and i will offer any advice on topics i know something about... First off,, i need some tires... Any advice? kinda like the slightly lowered look to the vw's (cal style) But i am on a budget... so cokers are out... But any advice on maybe running a slightly larger tire on back, slightly smaller on front (recommended tire sizes???) Or any advice on making a cool looking 66 on a budget??? Probably the wrong place to post this question,,, but i am here,,, why not... Anyway,, thanks for taking the time to read my intro... I am Kevin,, I am a Bass Player (play in a band called ampline myspace.com/ampline , check it out,, ) I like old fj40's and my new 66 vw.. Its nice to meet you all,,, and trust me,, you will be hearing from me,, I have lots of questions... Thank you, and enjoy your day...
rokemester

Post by rokemester »

Hey Kevin welcome to the forum. It's filled with great folks and you will get good advice if you post questions on the technical forum. Look forward to seeing some pics.
crazydaze

Post by crazydaze »

Welcome!

There seem a few white with red interior 66's appearing on these forum's at the moment!

Alex.