1966 beetle emergency flasher switch on dash

Here's the place to come to post when you have questions relating to technical issues or mechanical questions on the 1966 model year.

scott66bug

1966 beetle emergency flasher switch on dash

Post by scott66bug »

I need one and can't find it in any of the ususal places
jmartini
Administrator

Post by jmartini »

Hey Scott: I went out and checked too but came up empty handed. These do show up every once and a while on ebay or thesamba.com, you will probably just need to sit back wiat for one to become available. If I see anytihng I'll let you know.
scott66bug

Post by scott66bug »

Thanks John
larryho

Post by larryho »

I read somewhere and someone refer this switch as the holy grail of 1966 Beetle parts. Bought my first NOS piece for $50 in Oct 07 and installed this in my car. Now the price fluctuates from $20 to some ridiculous amounts.
BTW I saw some 66 without this switch while others comes with it. I am just wondering if it actually comes with the 66 when the car comes out from the factory or as an added accessory for this year.
Blue Baron

Post by Blue Baron »

It's original equipment on all 1966 Deluxe sedans exported to North America and is a factory installation. It's also a one-year-only part.

I faced the same trouble with mine. I couldn't find one when I needed it. Then after I found the first one, I quickly found three more. So when it rains it pours. Just keep checking the swap meets.