Turn Signals no longer work

Here's the place to come to post when you have questions relating to technical issues or mechanical questions on the 1966 model year.

lilbugger

Turn Signals no longer work

Post by lilbugger »

So I was driving home tonight and I got a nice honk and gesture from a fellow motorist as I was making a turn. It turns out that my turn signals were not working. I got home and checked the fuses and they all were good but all turn signals are no longer working, they had been working fine. This is the first time I've driven the bug in the rain, is it possible that something got wet and they'll work fine when things dry out??? If you have any suggestions on what to check I'd appreciate any help I can get.

Cheers,

Matt
lilbugger

Post by lilbugger »

All better now. I turned the turn signals on and started moving a few wires around up front, sure enough one had worked it's way a little loose. Back on the road tomorrow!
rokemester

Post by rokemester »

I'm curious. Is your Bug a 6v or 12v car? Mine is a 6v and one of my winter projects will be to go through and use a Dremel tool and shine up each connector I can get to. I've heard from other forum members that this is a good thing to do, and the car will behave much better after doing it.
lilbugger

Post by lilbugger »

It's a 12v, that's interesting about cleaning up the connectors, it makes sense. There wasn't anything obviously wrong, I just wiggled a wire and it worked.
jmartini
Administrator

Post by jmartini »

The connectors can get loose over time so it is a good idea to crimp them for a nice tight fit.