Just got this last friday...

Let's hear about your 1966 VW Beetle - How long have you owned it? What attracted you to this specific model year? what makes it unique? PLEASE - NO TECHNICAL OR MECHANICAL QUESTIONS IN THIS FORUM - PLEASE POST THEM IN THE TECHNICAL/MECHANICAL SECTION. Thanks John
Doogles

Just got this last friday...

Post by Doogles »

Hello,
I just got my first beetle last friday! a 66! I stumbled upon this forum searching for information. I am new to the VW scene and have already larned so much from this site.
My intention in the long run is to obtain the birth certificate and re-paint in the original color.

Overall its in great shape although there is a little work it needs and I think I got a great deal. Original motor to boot!

Here are some pictures!
Attachments
postpic_5.jpg
postpic_5.jpg (91.29 KiB) Viewed 3937 times
postpic_2.jpg
postpic_2.jpg (70.6 KiB) Viewed 3937 times
postpic1.jpg
postpic1.jpg (78.49 KiB) Viewed 3937 times
rokemester

Post by rokemester »

Cool Bug! Nice that you have the 1300 motor. Can you tell what the stock color was? I think you're right. I like stock colors the best whatever they happen to be. Nice to have you in the forum. Come back often and tell us what you're doing with your Beetle.
tofufi

Post by tofufi »

Very nice 8)

As above, what colour is it going to go back to being? :)
Doogles

Post by Doogles »

I am not sure what color it will be. I think I will send away for the birth certificate and go from there.