My Upcoming Cross-Country Trip in my 1966 VW Bug

Let's hear about your 1966 VW Beetle - How long have you owned it? What attracted you to this specific model year? what makes it unique? PLEASE - NO TECHNICAL OR MECHANICAL QUESTIONS IN THIS FORUM - PLEASE POST THEM IN THE TECHNICAL/MECHANICAL SECTION. Thanks John
MissHilda

My Upcoming Cross-Country Trip in my 1966 VW Bug

Post by MissHilda »

Dear Friends:
Just wanted to let you know that in less than 2 weeks, I'll be leaving on my cross-country trip in my 1966 VW Bug.

My bug is named Miss Hilda and I've always wanted to make this cross-country trip. So, we leave on Saturday, Sept. 5th.

I created a website: www.misshilda.com, so that my family and friends could follow our adventures.

I'll post updates on my website, or you can follow my blog. Wish us luck and check us out at www.misshilda.com if you have time.

Thanks!
rokemester

Post by rokemester »

What a blast! I'll definitely be checking out your web site. What a neat idea and an opportunity to show off the great capabilities of our dear 66. You'll be able to prove out John Muir's words about being able to drive a 1300 all day long. Good Luck!!

Try to post pictures on this forum as well.

I checked out your web site and blog. Great job! Will we be able to post feedback to your blog as you make your journey?
MissHilda

Thanks for the great suggestion!

Post by MissHilda »

Thanks for the post and the great suggestion. I've added a "feedback/message" page to my website, so others can leave messsages.

Wish us luck!
rokemester

Post by rokemester »

If you haven't been following the adventures of Miss Hilda I strongly encourage you to do so. They've already covered nearly 3,000 miles and are in snowy Montana. Impressive don't you think!!

Check out her latest pics and video clips.

http://www.misshilda.com/day-16-and17-montana.html
jmartini
Administrator

Post by jmartini »

Seeing all that snow on the beetle brought back some really great memories of when I was driving my first 66 all over Wisconsin in the winter. Those cars are just perfect for winter driving!
rokemester

Post by rokemester »

Miss Hilda and her owner made it to Santa Barbara safely and in one piece. She said that driving in the high gusting winds in Yosemite was very nerve wracking! She actually cracked the windows so the wind would pass through her Bug and offer less wind resistance. Does anyone know how high wind gusts need to be to be truly dangerous to be driving a Beetle?

Make sure to check out her final posts to see Miss Hilda on the boardwalk in Santa Barbara. CONGRATULATIONS Miss Hilda and ownder!!
rokemester

Post by rokemester »

No I got it wrong. They had to drive through the Mojave with the windows rolled UP because of the high winds. It must have been sweat box in there! What an awesome ride and adventure. Makes us owners of 66s very PROUD! A beep out to Miss Hilda!