New here from Phoenix

This is the place to introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself.....
Donny B.

New here from Phoenix

Post by Donny B. »

A friend turned me on to this site. I have been into VWs for over 20 years now. I bought my '66 from the original owner back in 1984. It currently has over 450K total miles on it at this time. I have put over 250K miles on it since it was bought. It hasn't been stock for some time. It is currently off the road as it ingested some hardware from inside the right side air cleaner. Hope to get it fixed and back on the road in the near future.
jmartini
Administrator

Post by jmartini »

Welcome to the forum Donny B.
rokemester

Post by rokemester »

450K that's unbelievable! Hope to hear more from you and see some pictures of your bug.
Donny B.

Post by Donny B. »

The last 250K miles come from the car being my daily driver and at times my only driver. Until the last few years it was driven everywhere. In 1987 my wife and I drove it in the California Caravan from Costa Mesa, Ca. to Sacramento. There were 419 participants upon arrival in Sacto. It has been driven from Phoenix to Detroit twice in the Gene Berg Memorial Cruises. Driven from Phoenix to Seattle in 1998 as a participant in the third Gene Berg Cruise. I have driven from Phoenix to Denver at least twice in it and countless times to California for shows such as the Jamboree and Classic. It has been a fun car and hopefully will be again soon. I broke my little friend a little over a week ago and I need to rebuild the engine. I finished the restoration back in '95 so it's time to completely redo it again. Thanks for any interest. I will post pictures soon.
fatalifeaten

Post by fatalifeaten »

Welcome.

Where you at in the Valley? I live out in Mesa.
Donny B.

Post by Donny B. »

I live in Deer Valley. I'm sure we have met, I'm in wolfsburg Registry.