PASSION FOR 66 BEETLE

Let's hear about your 1966 VW Beetle - How long have you owned it? What attracted you to this specific model year? what makes it unique? PLEASE - NO TECHNICAL OR MECHANICAL QUESTIONS IN THIS FORUM - PLEASE POST THEM IN THE TECHNICAL/MECHANICAL SECTION. Thanks John
ykkocorp

PASSION FOR 66 BEETLE

Post by ykkocorp »

Hello to every 66 beetle fan, rescued a 66 beetle from destruction about 10 weeks back. Now my darling beetle is undergoing a complete restoration. I am getting it restored into its stock condition no altration except the previos owner converted the electrical system from 6v to 12v,
this I am letting t remain to 12v. the color is bahama blue, am waiting for the birth certificate to be delivered. Hopefully to post pics by november 09. Oh just one morething myself and my wife used to drvie a beetle as a daily driver some 20 years back, and whenever we saw one drive past us we wished to own this beauty again and we are so happy to get beetle back in our family. Our kids whom we took for rides in the beetle now they themselves look forward driving this all time classic.
jmartini
Administrator

Post by jmartini »

Hello ykkocorp and welcome to the forum. Congratulations on your purchase and I hope the restoration goes smoothly. I'm looking forward to seeing your pictures.
rokemester

Post by rokemester »

The web is a pretty awesome thing. Where else can you connect with families in Pakistan that share a love for Volkswagen Beetles. Very cool if you stop and think about it! Welcome to the community.

Mike
larryho

Post by larryho »

Welcome Muhammad to the 66 community. Looking forward to seeing pictures of your car.
I am sure the car gives you and your family lots of happiness and the stares from people as you drive pass them.
Glad that you finally bought the 66 manual. It's a good reference book which I use very often.
Larry
ykkocorp

PASSION FOR 66 BEETLE

Post by ykkocorp »

Thankyou dear friends for welcoming me in your community, didnt know that jmartini our administrator, rokemester senior member, and larry ho thanks to all . I am waiting to bring my beetle home soon hopefully by the end of october. I may need advice for mybeetle and I know very wel I can ask my fellow friends.