HI to all on here

This is the place to introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself.....
Yuzee

HI to all on here

Post by Yuzee »

Just a quick hello from Sunny South Wales. I noticed quite a few names on here off other VW forums so I thought i'd join the rank and file of this one. (looks a quality site with loads of things to browse)

My name is Dave and together with my son Sam I own and run an Aircooled VW restoration workshop in between Cardiff and Bridgend South Wales. In my spare time I've been restoring a late 66 bug of my own which i've just restarted after a year off.

Look forward to talking to you all

Dave H
jmartini
Administrator

Post by jmartini »

Welcome Yuzee! Great to have you joining us here on the forum.
volksbugusa

Post by volksbugusa »

yuzee
so what sort of work are you doing on the 66?
Yuzee

Post by Yuzee »

volksbugusa wrote:yuzee
so what sort of work are you doing on the 66?

A total body off restoration with a complete engine and gearbox rebuild. Tinware has just returned from the paint shop so engine will be completed tomorrow.

Paint work is a two tone guiness theme (Black and Cream) Interior is going to be cream leather with black piping

The finished look will be almost a stock ride with a subtle custom look here and there.

hope to have it ready for next spring
larryho

Post by larryho »

Looking forward to seeing pictures of the restored car. Best of luck to you.
Mine is also just in to have a body restoration. Slow process here but looking forward to a brand new coat of paint and getting rid of the rust.