Hi, I'm from Indonesia, and i'm a 1966 beetle owner too

This is the place to introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself.....
fprasetya

Hi, I'm from Indonesia, and i'm a 1966 beetle owner too

Post by fprasetya »

Hi everyone! I'm fauzy from Indonesia. Here is a picture of my 1966 beetle, with a (leaking and original parts lacking) steel sunroof. I have had it for about 6 years now, and I drive it almost everyday. I'm thrilled to have found this forum, hope i can get and share lots of information about rebuilding ( my plan is to repaint my beetle later this year).

Many thanks to Mr. JMartini for making this site and forum happen. Nice to meet you all!
Attachments
IMG_0176.jpg
IMG_0176.jpg (59.93 KiB) Viewed 3197 times
jmartini
Administrator

Post by jmartini »

Hi Fauzy and welcome to the forum - glad you found us! Your beatle looks beautiful - does it really need to be repainted? From the picture it looks like the paint is great! :) Thanks for posting the picture and joining the forum!
rokemester

Your bug reminds me of my first 66

Post by rokemester »

My first car was a black 66 VW. Your little car looks great. I love the red interior with the black exterior. Very nice!! It is nice to meet you all the way across the globe.

Mike from Solon Ohio
larryho

Post by larryho »

Hi Fauzy, welcome to the 1966 VW Beetle Forum. Good to have another enthusiast from the Far East.
Join in the discussion, share your joy and your problems and have fun here.
Nice car you have. As mentioned by John, the paint work still looks pretty great, certainly better than most cars I saw in the streets of Indonesia. Been to your country a few times before I came to Saigon. Many lovely beaches and too many traffic ~ like we have here.
I am sure you receive a lot of stares when you travel in your 66.
Regards, Larry