two tone rims

Here's the place to come to post when you have questions relating to technical issues or mechanical questions on the 1966 model year.

branston

two tone rims

Post by branston »

Can someone clarify which '66 models had black/white two tone rims like the blue beetle shown here on the forum front page?
help appreciated.
jmartini
Administrator

Post by jmartini »

If you check out the "color charts" page on the home screen and look at the column called "Rims" it will tell which models had two tome vs single color and what the color was.
branston

Post by branston »

That's just it the rims column only list single color rims. I know two tone were fitted to some.
jmartini
Administrator

Post by jmartini »

I think just about every model in 66 came with the inner part of the rim painted black and the outer ring painted with the colors listed on the color chart page. I may be wrong but I believe that was the case.
branston

Post by branston »

Ah now that makes sense.
Decided I'm going to paint them two tone black/pearl white. I'd decided to do it anyway as they look so nice.
thanks for the info
rokemester

two tone rims

Post by rokemester »

for what it is worth I have a red 66 and trunk contains a continental white wall tire with the interior (with cooling slots) painted black and the exterior closest to tire painted a creamy white. I"m pretty sure the spare matched teh original wheels of the bug before someone painted them all cream.