hello from WA. state

This is the place to introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself.....
easyjack

hello from WA. state

Post by easyjack »

Hi all ,nice to be here,Im in the middle of working on my wifes first car a 1970VW convert, but I just got a chance to buy a couple of 1966 bug that a friend has,they have been setting in a field for over 20 yrs ,not in to bad a shape, but his not sure what there worth and asked me to make him an offer,Im not sure what to do can any one give me some help as to what they might be worth? the bodys are ok the interiors are a mess very little rust and one is a sunroof no tires and of course they don't run.
jmartini
Administrator

Post by jmartini »

Hi Easyjack and welcome to the forum! This is what I receommend folks do, go to www.thesamba.com and go to their classified section and look at bugs in the same shape and what folks are asking for them - they have a lot of beetles for sale in various conditions so you should get a good idea that way. Then take the "Inspection Tips" page from the home page and look at all the points mentioned there. Don't be afraid to walk away, there are still a lot of good beetles out there in running condition. Since these havent run in 20 years you will have your hands full with the gas tank, carb, and engine not to mention the body on both vehicles. If this is a hobby for you then it's not as much of an issue but if your trying to get something on the road quickly it may be a challenge. Good luck!