Greetings From Minnesota

This is the place to introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself.....
Chris R

Greetings From Minnesota

Post by Chris R »

Hello All,
Last winter, while living in Florida, I bought a 1966 VW Baja Bug sight unseen which was located near our family farm in Minnesota. I had extensive conversations with the Previous Owner and did get a few garage pics but they didn't show much. Luckily, the car exceeds my expectations. I was told that the 24k mile's on the odometer is original and most of it was from being towed behind the elderly woman's RV. I'm usually not fond of non-original or customized cars but this little bug was irresistible. It was converted in the late 60's in California and remains pretty much from that vintage with the exception of a few add-on's. I got the chance to see it over Christmas here in MN but didn't try starting it until yesterday. It fired right up and sat into a smooth idle.

Here it is Running on Youtube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFBzxhIi5Ag

My experience has been with Porsche/VW's over the past 15 years however just in the past 5 years or so I've started doing all of my own work. This car appears to be leaking oil from the Oil Cooler seals. I will post in the mechanical section about my questions regarding this. Here's a few pictures. The red Porsche is a 69, 912.

jmartini
Administrator

Post by jmartini »

Very cool Chris - Welcome!
rokemester

Love your Garage!

Post by rokemester »

Wow it looks like you have a great garage/shop. I share your love of bugs and Porsches. I am going to be bringing a 66 into the family, but I still miss the little 75 914 I had to divest about 9 years ago when we moved to a new house and the girls college tuition bills were starting to roll in! Someday I hope to have a bug and a 911 keeping each other company. Hey a guy can dream!