My Uncle's 66 Bug

This is the place to introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself.....
rokemester

My Uncle's 66 Bug

Post by rokemester »

My very first car back in the summer of 1972 was a black 1966 Volkswagen Beetle. The love affair with my 66 was short lived as I ran a stop sign and got side swiped in a local metro park. I also have owned a 65 beige bug with mechanical sunroof (really nice!), a really rusty 67 Karmann Ghia and a green 67 bug. My 88 year old Uncle has a red 66 beetle that he says has my name on it. All I need to do is get over the shock of him wanting to give it to me and then figure out how to get it from Rockford Illinois to Cleveland Ohio.

I've been researching where to purchase a 6 volt battery. The car has been sitting for a couple of years so I figure I'm going to need to trailer it home and begin a very thorough stem to stern review of the car to make sure it is road worthy. It's a solid little beast, very little rust for a midwestern car.
Attachments
I don't think it is quite right to reveal the 66 until it is actually in my possession. We'll see how it goes!
I don't think it is quite right to reveal the 66 until it is actually in my possession. We'll see how it goes!
66beetle032409.jpg (18.09 KiB) Viewed 3515 times
jmartini
Administrator

Post by jmartini »

Welcome rokemester - great to have you as a member - can't wait to see the unveiling!
rokemester

Talked to my Uncle today

Post by rokemester »

Well the date of the rendezvous with the little red 66 is coming into focus. The second week of June. I'm investigating the best way to trailer from Rockford Illinois to Cleveland Ohio.