Story of my Beetle

Let's hear about your 1966 VW Beetle - How long have you owned it? What attracted you to this specific model year? what makes it unique? PLEASE - NO TECHNICAL OR MECHANICAL QUESTIONS IN THIS FORUM - PLEASE POST THEM IN THE TECHNICAL/MECHANICAL SECTION. Thanks John
Dtown66bug

Story of my Beetle

Post by Dtown66bug »

Growing up, I remember my dad saying that he wished he had kept his first car. Well for that reason, I still do. My ’66 bug was my very first car, purchased 32 years ago for a whopping $425. It took care of me through high school and college. About 25 years ago I parked in the garage of my first house and 16 years ago, parked it in the garage of my current home. I hoped to one day restore. Well, that day is near. This past week I took the cover off of it, put four new tires on, and rolled it outside for a few pictures. I will be using this forum a lot as I learn about restoration.
Stay Safe, John
jmartini
Administrator

Post by jmartini »

Hey John - How great that you still have your first car! Good luck with your restoration and welcome to the Forum!
crazydaze

Post by crazydaze »

Good luck with the resto John!

Alex.
empiracer1966

Post by empiracer1966 »

Dtown66bug

Welcome to the forum!!

Brian
2 "BUG" infested garages='57 rag top, '61 recently sold, 2-'64s, 2-'66s 1 s.r. other is a standard, "66 Deluxe Bus-recently sold, '73 & a '74 bugs, 2 kids and a Beautiful, encouraging Wife with a 2 tone "Retro Look" '01 "Sport" turbo NB
kartl

Post by kartl »

Hey good luck in your project....

Car Accessories
Blue Baron

Post by Blue Baron »

Looking forward to the pictures. Congrats on keeping your first car!