Hello to all!

This is the place to introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself.....
spokaneDave

Hello to all!

Post by spokaneDave »

God morning! My name is Dave Neale and I live in Spokane WA. I just recently bought a 66' bug that needs a great deal of work. I love the fact that through my internet search, I came across this site specifically for the 66'. (Thanks John!)

A bit about me: Im 35, I teach middle school math and science, I coach alot of baseball, Im married to my best friend, have 3 kids (11,6,5 months), love sports, camping, tattoos, watching survivor, csi, Tru TV the discovery channel, movies, micro beers are good, and I have a incurable love for VW! I have owned a 75, 69, and a 73 transporter and now I am a proud owner of a 66'. My goal is to restore this one, give it to my son, buy another one, give that one to my daughter, and then buy another one for my youngest daughter. I havent figured out what I will do after that, but at least I will have a bit of fun for the next 16 years. Somewhere in that time I will have to find my wife a squareback!

Although I have owned a few VW's, by no means am I an expert. the truth is, I am pretty mechanical but a bit nervous that I am going to screw something up. Plus I am under a bit of pressure. I have to get my bug in daily driving shape by the 19th of february, so I will be seeking out much help along the way.

I look forward to getting to know many of you fellow enthusiasts. I will post a few pix of my 66' very soon. have a great day! 8)
fatalifeaten

Post by fatalifeaten »

Welcome :)
bajaaaron66

Post by bajaaaron66 »

Welcome Dave,everyone hear in this forum are great ,any questions or help you need just ask, i have learned alot from everyone and you will have so much fun working on your 66.Aaron :D
jmartini
Administrator

Post by jmartini »

Hi Dave!!! What a great introduction! I share the same interests on the TV side but I would have to add "big brother" to the list.
Don't worry, you will find a lot of folks here willing to help you if you get stuck during your restoration. Thanks for joining us on the forum! John
scruffy

Post by scruffy »

Welcome Dave, Enjoy
66vw,62vwtrike,71vw super project car and 73vw bus,and one sometimes understanding wife
crazydaze

Post by crazydaze »

Welcome!

Alex.