Blue Box

Here's the place to come to post when you have questions relating to technical issues or mechanical questions on the 1966 model year.

Meyers72

Blue Box

Post by Meyers72 »

I have a problem with the Blue Box I have. I bought two (they were supposed to be NOS)and tried to put it on my beetle. The flashers don't work without a separate turn signal relay and the E-flasher does not work at all. Could someone tell me how to put it all together. It dosn't seem to have all the wires either for all the pins on it. I have it in storage now but will try to get a picture of it to upload so you can see what I'm dealing with. It is still a 6 volt system

:?
Attachments
IMGP0565.jpg
IMGP0565.jpg (13.92 KiB) Viewed 3598 times
Last edited by Meyers72 on Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
jmartini
Administrator

Post by jmartini »

Hi Meyers72 and Welcome to the forum! If it is still a six volt it should have 9 pins. There should be a wire to every pin which is probably where your issue lies. Mine is curretnly in storage or I'd send a picture. We have some folks on the forum that should be able to help you and maybe one can get a picture attached.
Last edited by jmartini on Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
elkluvadore

Post by elkluvadore »

Well, you probably have the power input into the wrong pin, or the system isn't carrying enough power to full through the system, which means you have a bad wire somewhere
A volksie thanks,
Max