my 1966!

Let's hear about your 1966 VW Beetle - How long have you owned it? What attracted you to this specific model year? what makes it unique? PLEASE - NO TECHNICAL OR MECHANICAL QUESTIONS IN THIS FORUM - PLEASE POST THEM IN THE TECHNICAL/MECHANICAL SECTION. Thanks John
Ferdykid

my 1966!

Post by Ferdykid »

Here is Ferdy! I have owned him for 10 years, but he has only just been returned to the road having been laid up since 1995. I'm the second owner from new - and I am lucky enogh to have full service history too! Waxoyled from new, but time had taken it's toll..... so just had a full body off, bare metal resto and loving the results! Here's to another 42 years!
Attachments
ferdy2.jpg
ferdy2.jpg (30.68 KiB) Viewed 6011 times
ferdy1.jpg
ferdy1.jpg (38.47 KiB) Viewed 6011 times
scruffy

Post by scruffy »

nice bug 8)
66vw,62vwtrike,71vw super project car and 73vw bus,and one sometimes understanding wife
jmartini
Administrator

Post by jmartini »

Hi Ferdykid! That is a beautiful 66 to say the least. You must get a lot of looks when you take her out for a drive! Very Nice!!!! :cheers: I thnk you can get more than 42 years out of her now!!

I have resized the photos so that there is no scroll bar in the post. Please use the attachment tool for posting pictures, that way everyone will be able to see your pictures and read your posts without having to scroll.
crazydaze

Post by crazydaze »

NICE! 8) 8) 8)

Alex.
Ferdykid

Post by Ferdykid »

Ferdy and I had our first unscheduled stop today, clutch cable gave up about 2 miles out from home. Thanks goodness I decided to go for a heated rear windscreen :) ..... and I think a thermos is going to be my next accessory after I put a tool kit together!
Ferdykid

Post by Ferdykid »

A road side fix was carried out and we made it back under our own steam, phew! Not sure I could have faced the embarrassment of being dropped off by a tow truck!
jmartini
Administrator

Post by jmartini »

Glad you made it home ok!
volksbugusa

Post by volksbugusa »

Fredy
Very nice bug you have there...