FAQ: Resizing Photos

For site questions, site functionality issues, feedback, and global announcements. Please do not post any other information in this Forum.

jmartini
Administrator

FAQ: Resizing Photos

Post by jmartini »

We have a limit set in the system for the size of photos (400 pixels wide x 400 pixels high) on the board. If you exceed that amount your photo will not be displayed as a picture but as a downloadable link.

Usually the software that you use to display your pictures will have a tool that will allow you to resize - you may need to scout around in the toolbars to find it - otherwise there are some free software programs on the web that you can download to perform this function. Here are a couple of links to help resize photos. The first is an on line resizer (you don't need to download any software) and the second is one you can download free to your computer and you will have it anytime you need it.

http://www.bigwebpages.com/big/resize.html

http://bluefive.pair.com/pixresizer.htm
scruffy

Post by scruffy »

Hey John ,The resizer works great.{hint} The blue five download will have [here] to place in separate folder and will have a mirror support to a area closer to you,in my case MN. Before I used the download feature and the zip file come back corrupt and empty.Why I don't know. Maybe Jan has an idea also. Oh well it works. :lol:
66vw,62vwtrike,71vw super project car and 73vw bus,and one sometimes understanding wife
Jan

Post by Jan »

Oh I'm not sure why that would be like that. When I downloaded it then all it did was put the thing onto my desktop and then I just click on it from there when I want to use it. I do not recall it being in a Zip File tho. I like that as a quick resizing deal but does not crop and if it did then that would make it perfect - so for other things I use Adobe Photoshop which is a complex program.. but for something really quick for downsizing pics that PIXsizer is great!
Jan
scruffy

Post by scruffy »

Thanks Jan, I am as low tech as you can get but I guess old dogs are capable of learning something new besides chasing VW's and peeing on there whitewalls 8)
66vw,62vwtrike,71vw super project car and 73vw bus,and one sometimes understanding wife
Jan

Post by Jan »

Good thing my pants aren't tight... 'cause you are busting me up with that comment!! Yah, well if you hang around computer stuff long enough - you can learn a thing or two. Glad you like the Pix-resizer thingy! Now post some of those pics for us somewhere or maybe you are posting them in the photogallery which I have to go take a look at over there!

Have Fun!
Jan
jmartini
Administrator

Post by jmartini »

Hi Scruffy: Glad you got it to work! I don't use either of the programs I have a couple different tools that I use to re-size, one is Corel Paint Shop Pro, which is how I edit most of the stuff you see on the main screen - for instance that picture of the Beetle in the frame that looks like a postage stamp. The other application that I use is called image expert and it's great for cropping and resizing too but isn't as complex or as elaborate as the Corel program. I'd like to step up to Adobe Photoshop but it's soooo expensive!
Jan

Post by Jan »

Yah, there are many photo programs out there on the market - some cheap and some expensive and yep... the Adobe Photoshop is close to nearly $600. Ouch! My son Barry had got it for me! It really just depends upon what one wants to do as to how extravigant you would go with a program!
Jan