30/31 pict1 carburator

Here's the place to come to post when you have questions relating to technical issues or mechanical questions on the 1966 model year.

redpaprika

30/31 pict1 carburator

Post by redpaprika »

Hi.
are there anibody who replace 30/31 pict 1 carb the brosol one ????
how is working??
somebody a description??? or a link???
thxhttp://www.karmannghia.com/viewDetail.a ... oduct=7333
this is the carburetor
fatalifeaten

Post by fatalifeaten »

I ran an H30/31 on my single port 1500. Never had a lick of trouble with it.
redpaprika

Post by redpaprika »

fatalifeaten wrote:I ran an H30/31 on my single port 1500. Never had a lick of trouble with it.
at the moment I use the H30/31 carburetor on an AB , 1.3, dual port do you think is romg ??
volksbugusa

Post by volksbugusa »

what dizzy are you running....certain carbs do not have the proper vac
to advance the dizzy..carb and dizzy must be a working PAIR
fatalifeaten

Post by fatalifeaten »

I think it'd be fine for that engine. Like Matt said, make sure you have the correct vacuum to make it work properly. He's going to cringe when I say this, but I had an 009 mechanical on mine with all the vac. ports on the carb plugged. Worked just fine.

the stock fuel delivery system for these engines is pitiful. Your 1300 will run fine with that carb once it's set up and tuned to your engine. You could even go to a bigger carb, or even duals for some more power if you wanted to. The engine can handle it without any other changes except to re-tune for the new carb.
volksbugusa

Post by volksbugusa »

sorry ...i am not a big fan of 009...now if you told be a 010 or a blue screamer like an 019 that that would be sweet :) If you need a carb the only advise that i can give you is buy it from KEITH
HE IS THE MASTER OF MASTERS WHEN IT COME TO CARBS.NEVER BUY NEW
YOU CAN FIND HIM ON THE SAMBA SITE KNOW AS keifernet

Rebuilt Solex stock carbs 28-34 pict 3 Price: varies
If you need a particular model let me know. I can refurbish your carb specifically or exchange for another. I make deals if you have extra cores of models I need laying around to send in.

IF you have e-mailed me recently and I did not get back to you try me again or PM me on the site... As my services have become more popular it is getting harder to keep up with the administrative side. Please be patient and if you don't hear back from me in a few days try again please or just call me. I am currently very busy with other VW work besides carbs but I still get them done. It can take awhile at times to get your carb back. I appreciate everyone who has been patient with me and make sure everyone is satisfied in the end.

PLEASE... let me know as much info in your first contact as possible... like if you have a generator or and alternator and what distributor you are running or planning on running. Flange #'s or #'s off the carb body on earlier models helps too.

I also can clean/refurbish/test your distributor and test run it with your carb.

And if we make a deal please include a copy of email or PM correspondence in the box with your core in with payment if by mail.

I also rebush dual bus and type 3 carb throttle shafts and rebuild those model carbs too.

Check my feedback.
Advertiser information Ad information
Advertiser:
Phone:
832-722-5013
May 11, 2002