Electrical

Here's the place to come to post when you have questions relating to technical issues or mechanical questions on the 1966 model year.

Bow66

Electrical

Post by Bow66 »

I don't seem to have any lights, horn, radio working on my 66. There is current going to the starter and the engine will turn over but slowly (new battery). Could a bad ground be the root of these problems? Car has been sitting for about 20 years. I have just started to work on this car. nver worked on a 6 volt system before. Thanks
jmartini
Administrator

Post by jmartini »

Hi Bow66 and welcome to the forum. Could be a bad ground but after 20 years even mice could be the problem. You will probably need to do a close inspection of the wiring you can see and go through the fuses as well (make sure they are there). There are plenty of folks here that can help you if you get stuck! Good luck!
Bow66

Learning

Post by Bow66 »

I thought about that today, and yes the mice had found a new home, a couple were resting in peace, but I interrupted it. Today I may try to trace all the wiring down to find what they were eating or using for a bed. I hope to start the car today as well, by running the gas without the messy gastank. Thank you for your assistance.
kartl

Post by kartl »

First of all welcome to the forum, now with your question i suggest to look any visible reasons like busted fuse or needs rewiring.
Last edited by kartl on Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:11 pm, edited 9 times in total.
empiracer1966

Post by empiracer1966 »

Bow66, Welcome to the forum! I hope we can be of service! :D

Brian
2 "BUG" infested garages='57 rag top, '61 recently sold, 2-'64s, 2-'66s 1 s.r. other is a standard, "66 Deluxe Bus-recently sold, '73 & a '74 bugs, 2 kids and a Beautiful, encouraging Wife with a 2 tone "Retro Look" '01 "Sport" turbo NB
elkluvadore

Post by elkluvadore »

Depends on the amount of mice, I would recommend a new harness and a 12 volt conversion
A volksie thanks,
Max