New Owner From NM

This is the place to introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself.....
augi67

New Owner From NM

Post by augi67 »

I just thought I'd introduce myself.

I just bought a '66 just around the new year. So my wife named her "baby New Year". I believe she was originally Bahama Blue?

Has original sheetmetal(some rusted on the flange), no dents, no dings, and the pan is solid. Yes even the battery area. I think even the glass is all original? More reseach before I know for sure. No engine, no rear seat bottom. And most of all a dash that has not been Hacked up.

I hope to start the build in Sept. or Oct. of this year.
I will send pictures, once I figure out how. This computer stuff is still pretty new to me.

I Forgot to mention,this beautiful Baby came with a price tag of $500.oo.
I hope I did all right!!

I look forward to talking to you all more as I need help.
Thanks. Keep up the great work, Us NEWBIES need all the help we can get.

AUGI :)
couion

Post by couion »

Welcome and congrats on the find. We are here if you need.
fatalifeaten

Post by fatalifeaten »

Welcome :)
jmartini
Administrator

Post by jmartini »

Congrats augi '67 and welcome to the Forum: Believe me there are a lot of folks that will be willing to give you any help you need here. I think you did just fine on the price of the Beetle, and engines are still easy to come by so that won't be a problem.

As far as attaching photos to the forum (when you get a chance), you do that by using the "Browse Button" below the post box. The Browse button allows you to search for a picture on your computer. Once you find the picture you want to add you double click on it (that adds the information into the "Filename" box) and then you click the add attachment button. It's really easy! Just remember to keep the images under 500 Pixels wide or your picture will just be a down loadable link (which is fine too). I set a limit on the size so we don't need to use the scroll bar to read the threads.

Hope that helps on the picture piece! Once again welcome to the forum and good luck on the build! John
augi67

Post by augi67 »

Thanks, for the confidence guys. It's good to know there are guys out there willing to help. I going to need all the help I can get. I been waiting a long time to get this "Bug".

Thanks so much for the encouragement. It is my pleasure to be part of you forum.

THANKS AGAIN.

"Success is the Progressive realization of YOUR worthwhile Dream" :D