window regulators

Here's the place to come to post when you have questions relating to technical issues or mechanical questions on the 1966 model year.

bill hauck

window regulators

Post by bill hauck »

I am having a terrible time getting the window regulators back in. I can't figure out what the problem is. I redid my '73 about a year ago and the window went back together easily.

any suggestions???
bill hauck

window regulator

Post by bill hauck »

will a post 67 window regulator work in a 66?? I have a couple of these sitting around and will swap it if it will fit.
fatalifeaten

Post by fatalifeaten »

I believe so. If they look the same and the measurements are the same they'll work. I know early regulators look very different, but I haven't seen a late one, so take this with a grain of salt.
bill hauck

window regulators

Post by bill hauck »

fatalifeaten: they look quite different but the glass, which I have for the regulators, is the same size.

If the crank mechanisim fits and the other mounting bolts line up, it just might work with the later glass and the later regulators.

nothing to lose by giving it a shot.
bill hauck

window regulators

Post by bill hauck »

later model ones don't fit. Can't seem to get the windows back in.

got the felts, inner and outer scrapers in and the regulator. Glass goes in last, correct?? won't seem to go.

very frustrating.
jmartini
Administrator

Post by jmartini »

Some of the changes from year - to - year were very subtle but made it impossible to interchange parts - this may be one of those times.
bill hauck

window regulators

Post by bill hauck »

finally got them in. Had to take out the wing windows to make sure the upper part of the regulator fit behind them. What a job!!! work pretty hard though so I suppose I'll have to fiddle with them to make the windows work easier.
jmartini
Administrator

Post by jmartini »

Ouch - taking out the wing windows must be a chore...aren't the hinges rivited? Glad you got her settled - that must be the last of the work on the doors now - right?
elkluvadore

Post by elkluvadore »

Have some fun, everyone knows that a 71 isnt worth much, which is weird, less were produced, put electric windows in it, add a touch of class, and add to the value
A volksie thanks,
Max