Men In White Coats???

Let's hear about your 1966 VW Beetle - How long have you owned it? What attracted you to this specific model year? what makes it unique? PLEASE - NO TECHNICAL OR MECHANICAL QUESTIONS IN THIS FORUM - PLEASE POST THEM IN THE TECHNICAL/MECHANICAL SECTION. Thanks John
LvlyWords

Men In White Coats???

Post by LvlyWords »

I should be commited!! and I COULD drive myself to the loony bin IF I had bought a car that ran! Something possessed me to buy a 1966 Beetle...hasn't run in five years - hobbling on three wheels...I don't know a THING about cars...AND the adventure begins!
fatalifeaten

Post by fatalifeaten »

heh.

Any pics? :)
jmartini
Administrator

Post by jmartini »

Anytime a vehicle hasn't run in five years your going to have some problems unless it was stored correctly (Fuel Drained etc...) The good news is you will be able to get it running again. I've brought a beetle back from the dead before and I'm sure you can too - it will just take time and $. Once you have gone through the beetle fixing whatever is broken you will probably know it better than any car you have ever owned. Don't get frustrated, there will be people here you can reach out to for advice!
elkluvadore

Post by elkluvadore »

So, what about a car that was put into a garage in 1984, 1/2 tank of gas in it, oil in it, an open carbeurator, and no exhuast on it?
A volksie thanks,
Max
jmartini
Administrator

Post by jmartini »

Can you say Varnish? :lol: