heater hoses (inside)

Here's the place to come to post when you have questions relating to technical issues or mechanical questions on the 1966 model year.

bill hauck

heater hoses (inside)

Post by bill hauck »

are there any schematic drawings/photos of how the heater tubes are hooked up from the heater channels up to the dash corners and from there to the center of the dash??
jmartini
Administrator

Post by jmartini »

Hi Bill! I looked high and low for some drawings a few weeks ago and came up dry. If I get a chance this weekend I'll run over to where my bug is stored and take a few pictures.
jmartini
Administrator

Post by jmartini »

Hi Bill: I sent you an email but just in case you don't get it here's the recap on the pictures. First let me say that this is a really hard place to get a camera. As you will see in the photo the "Y" connector is down in the tunnel (this shot is the left side - below the glove box).

Photo 15 - looking down at the connector in the tunnel
Photo 7 - both tubes coming up from the tunnel - the one next to the glove box routes over the glove box and onto the center defroster. The tube coming up on the outside (to the left of the hinge) routes to the side vent.
Photo 13 - A bonus shot of the "Y" connector.

I did not resize the images because the detail would probably be too small to see, there fore you need to click on the "Download" link.

Hope this helps!
Attachments
Image013.jpg
(834.94 KiB) Downloaded 681 times
Image007.jpg
(954 KiB) Downloaded 712 times
Image015.jpg
Photo 15
(801.09 KiB) Downloaded 711 times