Warning to everyone buying parts

Here's the place to come to post when you have questions relating to technical issues or mechanical questions on the 1966 model year.

elkluvadore

Warning to everyone buying parts

Post by elkluvadore »

Im sorry to say this fellow v_dubbers, but wolfsburgwest has quality issues, i installed a set of innerwheel well pieces, after i had cut out the origninals, welded the new ones in and had smotthed them into the body i went to put the front fenders on, the weld nut they had on it broke off without any torque applied, this :evil: me off, but ohwell, mistakes happen, i go to the other side and perform the same task, the same thing happens, now i have to figure out how to put the nuts back on, and i have to figure out what im going to do with the installed running board retainers, im not saying dont buy from them, their a decent company, just check and perfect any part you get from them, or else you will have to pop big $ to repair them when theyved been installed
volksbugusa

Post by volksbugusa »

if you think wolfsburg west has quality issues wait until you try the rest.They are the best....Just a bad part...call them they will make good
Cheers
Matt
elkluvadore

Post by elkluvadore »

yeah they do have about the best quality :( and it was my fault to not check them first, but what can they do, have me return the part, like i said, theyre not a bad company, just be sure to check your parts before you install
jmartini
Administrator

Post by jmartini »

volksbugusa wrote:if you think wolfsburg west has quality issues wait until you try the rest.They are the best....Just a bad part...call them they will make good
Cheers
Matt
Absolutely agree with you Matt - they are the best that are out there. I also like BFY and I would say both places have really good customer service folks. It's a shame we can't get our stuff from VW anymore but the good news is after 42 years, we can still get parts! :wink:

PS. I would call them and see if they can do anything for you - they have very good customer service folks.
elkluvadore

Post by elkluvadore »

im gonna try, still, nothing against wolfsburg, but just a bit of knowledge, check your parts, whom ever they are from!!!
A volksie thanks,
Max