66 VW's from Romania

This is the place to introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself.....
valee

66 VW's from Romania

Post by valee »

Hello all.
It took me 2 days to recover from the shock!!! A world wide comunity only for 66 beatle lovers :lol:
Today I anounce all my friends with 66 bugs about this comunity.... So prepared to be invaded :)

So as you probablly figured, I'm also a 66 VW enthusiast.
I met my car Perlutza (named after perlweiss colour) on my birthday, in april 2006. Although she was not so goodlookin' as today :D, something make me to return and bring her to our family. It was a suprise because when I met her, I was dreaming on a 1302 bug, while rusted Perlutza with her big "eyes" and sad look was far away for my dream.
Maybe it was a decision taken under the stress of changhing the age prefix... but I decided that she will be my car.
So the "battle" begins, 'cos I had to convince my husband that this is what I really want... After a long talk, after strong promisses that I'll take care of Perlutza even if she will have tehnical problems, he gave up and I had a late birthday gift.

You can see some pictures with Perlutza here http://www.aircooled.ro/fol474739/fol765290/Perluta

I promise to return with more stories :)
RobM

Re: 66 VW's from Romania

Post by RobM »

valee wrote: Although she was not so goodlookin' as today :D, something make me to return and bring her to our family. It was a suprise because when I met her, I was dreaming on a 1302 bug, while rusted Perlutza with her big "eyes" and sad look was far away for my dream.

- It looks like you folks have done a lot of very nice restoration work on her. She looks great!

Welcome
scruffy

Post by scruffy »

very nice indeed! and welcome also. :)
66vw,62vwtrike,71vw super project car and 73vw bus,and one sometimes understanding wife
jmartini
Administrator

Post by jmartini »

Wow Valee - she really looks great, you have done an amazing job on her. You must be very proud of the way she turned out.

I'm looking forward to the invasion of your friends - we can always use more beetle lovers. :wink:

Welcome to the Forum Valee!