Just Dubn

This is the place to introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself.....
CJ'S VDUB

Just Dubn

Post by CJ'S VDUB »

Hi All,
Well first I must admit I am not a big vw fan. My wife has wanted a beetle for as long as I can remember. The deal finally came along and now we own a 66 basket case. O.k. so It's not that bad but pretty close. I am an auto tech and an old car enthusiast and must admit the car and the thought of the project are growing on me. I must say it is also pretty neat finding that the 66 is a one year car in many ways cuz for us it was just what came along. Anyway Im RJ and my wifes name is CRYSTAL and we certainly look forward to being a part of the 66 beetle club
mealso

Post by mealso »

Hey RJ and Crystal. Welcome to the site. I am a new 66 owner as well. I hope you enjoy your project.

Travis
jmartini
Administrator

Post by jmartini »

Welcome RJ and Crystal. Hope your restoration goes well and you post some pictures. Great to have you as members!
SeeBlauKafer

Post by SeeBlauKafer »

Hi Folks!

As a non-dub'er I'm sure you'll find the simplicity and straightforwardness of early VW engineering to be somewhat charming if not relaxing. Just think of mid 1930's American cars (only with aircooling) and you'll get into the correct mindset.

As far as bodywork goes they're rusters, but that goes with the territory.

Again welcome!
'66 Type I
scruffy

Post by scruffy »

:lol: As I recall,I started losing my hair, teeth and what was left started deterioateing at at about 41 years old,but a little tlc and who knows how long they'll last.
66vw,62vwtrike,71vw super project car and 73vw bus,and one sometimes understanding wife
jmartini
Administrator

Post by jmartini »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: