New Member Introduction

This is the place to introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself.....
markostephano

New Member Introduction

Post by markostephano »

:?: I hope that I am doing this properly! You see, this is the first time I have ever gone "interactive". But I'm desperate! I am on one of those Quests. Not just any old quest, like a shorter route to the Spice Islands or just some search for the meaning of life. No, I'm wandering around newsstands, cyberspace, and about as far as I can drive on my lunch hours- searching for a VW-a project. I happened here quite by chance, and am enjoying your website very much so. I am originally from San Diego,and relocated here to the midwest in 1993. I had to sell my beloved '58 Kombi before we moved. It was a project in process, and I really did'nt think (erroneously),the midwest could be a home for old VWs.
Well as you know, once you catch the bug, you can go without for only so long. Lately, all I can do is look at HOT VWs magazines. I keep buying those autotrader things (I,m easy), but nothing! Doyou, or does anyone out there know where I might find a reasonably priced project? I'm not looking for a fully restored 10-25k job. In fact as a restorer of old biplanes, I would much prefer to find a real needy bug or bus, one that is on the brink of reverting to dust would probably be in my price range.
Well I can't actually type and my finger is is getting tired. This is a cool website , keep up the good werk! Markostephano of Brodhead WI
jmartini
Administrator

Post by jmartini »

Greetings markostephano and Welcome!!!

Yes - There are plenty of vehicles for sale on www.thesamba.com
Go to their classified section and you will find a wide variety of all air cooled vw vehicles in just about any condition you want to start with - from perfect to serious projects.

Good luck with your project - and I hope you come back often and update us on what your working on, or just to chat!
fourcylinder

Post by fourcylinder »

Hi Markostephano: I would agree with John that the samba is the best vw site for what you are looking to do. In addition they do have a lot of VW parts for sale too - so you can get your project and look for parts at the same site. I have bought parts from private parties on that site and have never been disappointed!

PS. Welcome to the site!
Phil
San Antonio
jmartini
Administrator

Post by jmartini »

Yes, I've had good luck buying stuff on the samba too. It's probably one of the few places where you can actually get authentic (non-reproduction) parts. Sometimes you can actually get lucky and find some NOS (New Old Stock) stuff out there as well.
markostephano

So now I'm getting somewhere!

Post by markostephano »

Thanks Guys for the most helpful information. I rrrreally appreciate your input. Well I'm off to www. thesamba.com . I'll keep in touch!

markostephano.....of Brodhead
jmartini
Administrator

Post by jmartini »

Please do Markostephano!!! We will be interested to see what ever you buy and what ever you do to it! Good luck I hope you find something great!