Seat Belt questions.

Here's the place to come to post when you have questions relating to technical issues or mechanical questions on the 1966 model year.

Cheryl G

Seat Belt questions.

Post by Cheryl G »

I need to place an order for several items and have been reading about the seat belts and accessories. I have a 1966 Beetle and need to install seat belts in the back seat because I have little ones in car seats...

A few months ago we pulled the back seat out and really didn't know what to look for but we think we will need to get someone to weld a metal plate across the area to install the seat belts to. ( our club has a work day once a month and this could be done for free if I have the parts)

All that being said when I read the site to purchase new belts it talks about factory drilled holes that bolt holes can be screwed into....are they just talking about pre-drilled holes for the front seat or are there pre-drilled holes under the back seat also?

Inquiring minds NEED to know.

Thanks,
Cheryl

If my Beetle would just pull the Pop-Up we would be in business !!
thatguy

Post by thatguy »

Mine has holes predrilled for belts under the back seat. I will try and get a pic or two this afternoon and post them here.

I have little ones also and the belts that came in the car were frayed and nasty(after setting in a barn full of rats and the like anything would be frayed and nasty I methinks :) ) so I pulled them and swapped them out with new ones from the autoparts store. They work great whilst I am awating the new "real" ones to get here.
you know...what's his name....he's...thatguy

WIP: 1966 Restore
Cheryl G

Post by Cheryl G »

FOUND THEM !!! :lol:

No I can order the seat belts. Way Cool !!!

Thanks,
Cheryl
scruffy

Post by scruffy »

Did you find the ones by the rear quarter windows for your three point belts? they'll have a plastic cap screwed into them.
66vw,62vwtrike,71vw super project car and 73vw bus,and one sometimes understanding wife