Hello Beetle enthusists EVERYWHERE

This is the place to introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself.....
larryho

Hello Beetle enthusists EVERYWHERE

Post by larryho »

Thanks to John we are able to find a site that caters mainly for 1966 Beetle. My first car was a Beetle and now Linda's first one is also a Beetle. Strangely both are 1966 models.
We love this car so much that we spent quite a bit restoring it to the present condition which somehow draws a lot of attention both from locals as well as tourists from all over the world. We made many friends and this car really destress us from our work.
I am from singapore and been in vietnam for the past 16 years. Enjoying it here surrounded by the beautiful beaches, friendly people and Beetles.
Our car was featured in the February SuperBeetle website. You can read it there. Hopefully we will make more friends with other 1966 owners and spread our happiness to all other VW owners.
Regards
Linda & Larry :D
Saigon Vietnam
jmartini
Administrator

Post by jmartini »

Welcome Linda and Larry! Great to have you as members of our forum. If you have a url for the article on your beetle, please post it so we can all go out and look at it - I tried a search on the internet but came up with quite a few superbeetle sites.

My beetle is also a great stress reliever! :) There's nothing like getting in and just going for a great ride whereever the road leads.

Looking forward to seeing pictures of both of your '66s as well. Once again Welcome!
fourcylinder

Post by fourcylinder »

Welcome aboard Linda and Larry - great to have more 66 owners on the board!
Phil
San Antonio
seabluebug

Post by seabluebug »

Hello Larry and Linda - Welcome!
1966 - Nothing beats the vintage look!
thatguy

Post by thatguy »

Many and varied greetings to you both!

and Hi too! :D
you know...what's his name....he's...thatguy

WIP: 1966 Restore
larryho

Post by larryho »

Thanks everyone for the Warm WELCOME. We wish we could all 1966 Beetle owners gather together to just gossip about own common interest. Again I must say thanks to John and his lovely wife Tammy who has given us the opportunity to have this 1966 VW Beetle website.
Just came back from a small gathering of Beetles in a cafe.
Linda & Larry - Sunday 3.38pm, Saigon, Vietnam
jmartini
Administrator

Post by jmartini »

Hi Linda and Larry! Great to hear you have other enthusiasts you can visit with! I'm still waiting for warm weather here in Wisconsin so the Beetle folks will all start to come out from winter hibernation. So it looks like you are about 13 hours ahead of us so I will wish you a happy evening there - our day is just getting started (Dogs are up and fed - Birds are about to be uncovered) John
larryho

Post by larryho »

John you are exactly 12 hours behind us here in Vietnem. We are about to go to bed - 9.55pm. Wisconsin is 9.55am. Good morning to everyone out there. Hope the Sunday will be a good one.
Sorry about the weather. Its hot and stuffy here. Wish you can give us some cool breeze while you can have a bit of our warm. Whatever we have the same love Bug.
By the way are you or any one out there be participating in the big event European Bug-In, sometime in early June?