Hello from London

Let's hear about your 1966 VW Beetle - How long have you owned it? What attracted you to this specific model year? what makes it unique? PLEASE - NO TECHNICAL OR MECHANICAL QUESTIONS IN THIS FORUM - PLEASE POST THEM IN THE TECHNICAL/MECHANICAL SECTION. Thanks John
FistralAngel

Hello from London

Post by FistralAngel »

Hi, I'm new to this club but by no means new to the V dub scene, In my 26 years on this earth I was introduced to Beetles like most kids by Herbie. I was 6 and thought Herbie was real, By the time I was 8 I wanted a 1966 bug, Only that year would do, and to this day I still dont know what started the obsession for that year.

I have restored 3 1970's bugs to get the money together for my 1966 and last May I found him (well my best mate found him online) He was a mess, not even road leagal but I fixed him up, gave him a name (Bobby) and got hime on the road.

He is now my everyday car and I fix him a bit at a time. I hope to put some pics up soon so you guys can follow my restoration journey.

Angel. :P
jmartini
Administrator

Post by jmartini »

Hi Angel and Welcome! Glad to hear you found your dream car - can't wait to see the pictures of Bobby! Great to have you as a member of the forum!
fourcylinder

Post by fourcylinder »

Hi Angel - Welcome to the Forum! You are in a good company with your obsession! Looking forward to seeing some pictures!
Phil
San Antonio
seabluebug

Post by seabluebug »

Ditto! Welcome Angel!
1966 - Nothing beats the vintage look!
FistralAngel

Post by FistralAngel »

Hey Guys,

Thanks for the big welcome across the pond, and yes NOTHING beats the origional look, Unfortunatly, the guy that owned the car before me wrecked most of it so I have to start from scratch on alot of things but I have managed to put a very nice sound system in the car and keep it hidden at the same time (big well done to me)

Having a bit of trouble keeping the battery charged but I'm sure I'll have it sorted soon as at the end of March is the very important VOLKSWORLD SHOW. So I'm gonna have Bobby running sweet by then,

I'll hopfully have some pics of him next time I'm online, he got spreyed mat black before I bought him so u guys can see the before and after pics as I am gonna have him re-spreyed as soon as I can offord it.

Talk soon

Angel :mrgreen:
jmartini
Administrator

Post by jmartini »

Great! Can't wait to see the pictures!
FistralAngel

Post by FistralAngel »

I have been trying to put the only pic I have of Bobby on the website but my PC is giving me a hard time,

I'm going to try an attatchment and see if that works, By the way its a really lovely day over here in london, I'm gonna give the car a good scrub and I hope you guys are in the sunshine aswell

8)
jmartini
Administrator

Post by jmartini »

Looking forward to seeing your picture! Glad to hear your having warm weather...we are at about 17 degrees today on the way up to 39 - and that's a warm up for us!
FistralAngel

Post by FistralAngel »

Wow!!! Really hot.

And a big well done to me as after an hour shouting at the PC I have just managed to put a pic of Bobby on my profile.

I know its small but you get the idea, Iv been having probs keeping my battery charged, any ideas as to what it could b?????
jmartini
Administrator

Post by jmartini »

Nice! Congrats on getting the avatar loaded. The charging issue could be any number of things - a loose fan belt, a loose or broken wire, a bad voltage regulator, bad brushes in the generator. Others may jump in with other ideas...Good luck debugging your charging issue and stay warm!

PS. If you have a picture you want as an avatar I'd be happy to play around with it and attach it for you - just send it to me at jmartini@1966vwbeetle.com. I may not be able to work on it for a while as I am going out of town for a week but I will get to it.
FistralAngel

Post by FistralAngel »

Hi guys,

I was gonna take more pics of Bobby but the nice sunshine we have had all week has gone on my very 1st day off!! :cry:

I am really looking forward to this weekend coz I'm going to the VolksWorld Show. VolksWorld is the biggest V Dubbing Magazine over here in britton & Iv been going to the VolksWorld Show every year for 4 years.

I'm hoping to get some good pics of Bobby (maybe some of me if I look nice) that way u guys can see what we both look like.

I'm still having probs keeping battery charged but going to mechanic on friday but Iv just had to jumpstart a brand new toyota that was being test drove from the show room & Bobby started 1st time & sounded great.

1 UP FOR THE VW CROWD 8)
jmartini
Administrator

Post by jmartini »

Have a great time and get some pictures! Glad to hear Bobby is running well despite the charging issue!
FistralAngel

Post by FistralAngel »

Hey guys,

The VolksWorld Show was excellent!!! I got to see the really real Herbie that was in The Love Bug at which point I told him "My Bug is a 66 and sooooo much better than you" I got a good laught from the croud that had gatherd & some pics. :lol:

Most of the pics taken that day were deleted by my "friend" who was angry at me 4 not accepting his advances (oh well) :cry:

Other than that got some cool stuff for Bobby & some cool hoodies 4 me, now I just need a 1966 membership badge for the car :wink:
jmartini
Administrator

Post by jmartini »

Cool! Glad you had a great time - if you have any pics left feel free to post them!