Front upron buckle job

Here's the spot to show off your 1966 Beetle Restoration projects
KKV270

Front upron buckle job

Post by KKV270 »

Hi.
I'm working on my bug. It was once in an accident leaving the front side getting a buckle inwards. The upron ain't that bad but the sides caves in with serious buckles. Is there anyone whose posted pics of how they restored a similar incident? 8 am not privileged to access the panels bought for the are but I'm willing to cut, straighten, weld back.
Thanks.
h~moto

Re: Front upron buckle job

Post by h~moto »

Can you provide pics? Are you talking about the bottom area where the spare tire would sit? You might be able to push it back in shape using a scissor or bottle jack and appropriate size wood pieces.
1966veedub

Post by 1966veedub »

Yeah, pictures would be helpful. Most everything on these cars are repairable. Here in the US, we call an upron an "APRON" :P
KKV270

Post by KKV270 »

Haha- thank you for the polite correction...Apron.
Can you believe it- in all my years of forum world (this being the first), I have never been successful in posting a pic... always too large (off my phone).

Well, with your encouragement, I was able to use the jack off my T3 Transporter and a bolted metal bracket against fender nuts and was able to pull the section. I honestly wish I learn how to share pics. It was an awesome victory.
Thanks guy.
1966veedub

Post by 1966veedub »

[quote=KKV270 post_id=13871 time=1646326421 user_id=1650]
Haha- thank you for the polite correction...Apron.
Can you believe it- in all my years of forum world (this being the first), I have never been successful in posting a pic... always too large (off my phone).

Well, with your encouragement, I was able to use the jack off my T3 Transporter and a bolted metal bracket against fender nuts and was able to pull the section. I honestly wish I learn how to share pics. It was an awesome victory.
Thanks guy.
[/quote]

That's great! I love it when a plan works out!