My '66 Bahama Blue Time Capsule

Let's hear about your 1966 VW Beetle - How long have you owned it? What attracted you to this specific model year? what makes it unique? PLEASE - NO TECHNICAL OR MECHANICAL QUESTIONS IN THIS FORUM - PLEASE POST THEM IN THE TECHNICAL/MECHANICAL SECTION. Thanks John
Seabreeze

My '66 Bahama Blue Time Capsule

Post by Seabreeze »

Hello All - Greetings from New England. I am excited to be taking delivery of this all original sunroof Bug. My first venture into classic cars. What I appreciate about the Bug I found is that it is all original, with 39k original miles. Down to the black cardboard insert behind the blank horn cover, the VW gascap, and the original shortwave radio. Hopefully I can keep it up!

I was told it was acquired in Germany by a couple on vacation. After driving it around europe they had it shipped home to MA where it stayed for many years. Sold 2 times, ending up with a purist down in FL who seems very knowledgeable, and then to me, as he is restoing and putting his focus on a Karmann Ghia.

This adventure started as a whim for me, seeing a different Bahama Blue bug for sale by the side of the road, but I am happy I found this one.

Looking forward to the forum, any tips, advice etc.
c4.jpg
c4.jpg (44.32 KiB) Viewed 5427 times
Attachments
c6.jpg
c6.jpg (35.89 KiB) Viewed 5427 times
c5.jpg
c5.jpg (34.21 KiB) Viewed 5427 times
Seibert66

Re: My '66 Bahama Blue Time Capsule

Post by Seibert66 »

Rare find...congratulations! Please share more pics if you can... :D
jmartini
Administrator

Re: My '66 Bahama Blue Time Capsule

Post by jmartini »

Doesn’t get much better than that! Congrats!!!