Time to step up and say hello.

This is the place to introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself.....
Java Green

Time to step up and say hello.

Post by Java Green »

Purchased my '66 in Oct of '18. Pan and body #'s match as a spring or early summer production car (to be purposely vague). Motor #F 0823556 and possibly the factory issued motor; it seems to be in the ball park. The opinion of the more experienced is welcome as always. PO says it has a respray. He did many small projects that were definitely required to be road worthy enough for a test drive and left the motor work to the next owner -me.
Motor was converted to 1600sp and still (for now) 6v. A lot with the electrical to be tackled after the motor tin is painted and pretty engine reinstalled. One thing at a time.
Attachments
small DSCN0278.jpg
small DSCN0278.jpg (171.24 KiB) Viewed 4196 times
Seibert66

Post by Seibert66 »

Great color! Thanks for sharing!
Java Green

Post by Java Green »

Thanks Seibert. The appearance was part of the decision to choose this one and the fact there wasn't a lot of pre-'67's to choose from locally (NW Oregon). It has many issues, but most are under the skin.
I need to acknowledge the immense help and support I'm getting from this website; so many 1966 puzzle pieces found here by other's inquiries that I don't even have to ask. Merely following the trail broken by others.