Yellow Wire

Here's the place to come to post when you have questions relating to technical issues or mechanical questions on the 1966 model year.

Seibert66

Yellow Wire

Post by Seibert66 »

Hello,
I'm a little lost in the 1966 wiring schematic that I printed out and I can't figure out what the yellow wire near the top corner of the gas tank is for...I'm attaching a picture of it where it is sitting on the gas tank...hope someone can help me figuring it out...thanks
Attachments
photo 2.JPG
photo 2.JPG (55.75 KiB) Viewed 4484 times
photo 1-2.JPG
photo 1-2.JPG (55.37 KiB) Viewed 4484 times
darzoom

Post by darzoom »

the only yellow wires I see in that diagram are for the headlights and I see yours are attached as needed. IMO, someone added an accessory at some point it time. Where does the wire go?
Seibert66

Post by Seibert66 »

Yesterday I tried to crawl under and see where that wire would lead me to but it was too tight and I couldn't see, today I will take the car out of the garage and use the jack, I should have more room to explore underneath...thanks
darzoom

Post by darzoom »

It appears as an add-in wire maybe for fog lights. Good luck under the car.
Seibert66

Post by Seibert66 »

It turned out it was used for the accessory reverse light! Unfortunately I don't have a speedometer reverse switch to operate that light. I saw in a previous thread on this forum that I could install a 1967 Hella switch with an adapter. Just out of curiosity, why is the adapter necessary? What was the change that made the 1967 switch set up incompatible with the previous year speedo cable?