12 Volt Power Outlet

Let's hear about your 1966 VW Beetle - How long have you owned it? What attracted you to this specific model year? what makes it unique? PLEASE - NO TECHNICAL OR MECHANICAL QUESTIONS IN THIS FORUM - PLEASE POST THEM IN THE TECHNICAL/MECHANICAL SECTION. Thanks John
D2

12 Volt Power Outlet

Post by D2 »

To recharge my cell phone and to provide continuous power to my Garmin GPS I installed a 6 to 12 volt inverter, fused and turned on and off with a small trim rocker switch. The switch and receptacle are located pretty much out of sight under the dash in front of the gear shift lever and accessed inside the cab.
The inverter is small and lightweight and is mounted on top of the glovebox in the front of the car out of sight and out of harm's way behind the heavy cardboard partition.
I tried but am unable to post pictures with this post. The file size for each picture is ~ 1.88 MB. Very sorry. The pictures I have would be very helpful. This is a very clean and neat installation and something a lot of "6 volters" would enjoy having.
h~moto

Post by h~moto »

I use a 6 to 12 volt inverter for my car. I am currently using a 12 volt radio.
I have been using https://postimages.org/ to host my pictures on message boards. Free, easy to use and has the ability to reduce the file size to meet your needs.
D2

12 Volt Power Outlet

Post by D2 »

Thanks very much. I wish I were more savvy and able to compress the pictures. I will try the link.