Bon giorno, meet my Italian 66

This is the place to introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself.....
66BUGGN

Bon giorno, meet my Italian 66

Post by 66BUGGN »

Hello all and thank you for the add to the group.

I bought my 1966 VW Beetle, Italian (Euro) spec, last June and have been slowly working on her. She needed a generator rebuild, wiring cleanup and a new interior. She was all original, except for being painted and regular upkeep. Her interior needed updating, so I had a new headliner, carpet and seat covers installed in the fall. She looks amazing.

I'm working on updating lights to LEDs where I can because she is still a 6v system and the lights really aren't safe as dull as they are.

She also has an oil leak I have to address, but otherwise, she is in beautiful shape.

She is my 14th VW ( in my lifetime). I had 13 at one time before kids and married life. I always vowed I would get another one.

I have named her 'the Blueberry'. She is original Sea Blue.

Looking forward to meeting everyone here and sharing stories.

If anyone else has an Italia spec beetle and has any sources for replacement front turn signal fixtures/lenses, please let me know. The plastic on my lenses are cracked and I would love to get new ones.

<3
jmartini
Administrator

Post by jmartini »

Welcome to the Forum!
66BUGGN

Easter weekend - rebirth!

Post by 66BUGGN »

This weekend was a great time for working on the bug. She got some new shoes (in front), POR15'd the boot area where she was showing some rust and rear shoes are ordered. I was almost metal on metal! My cylinders are showing some seepage, but are not a total loss yet.

My fuel pump, however, is leaking, so I have ordered a new EMPI fuel pump, long rod and am anxiously awaiting it's delivery. I have had an oil leak since I got the car last year and see that it is wet around the base of the fuel pump and the generator. I hope this addresses that leak and I don't have a leak in the case. Fingers crossed!

Car show season is approaching! (as I look out my window at 6 inches of freshly fallen snow)
jmartini
Administrator

Post by jmartini »

Wow-sounds like you are making good progress!