Front Disc Brake conversion - dual circuit master cylinder

Here's the place to come to post when you have questions relating to technical issues or mechanical questions on the 1966 model year.

mnkytail

Front Disc Brake conversion - dual circuit master cylinder

Post by mnkytail »

Hey guys - would love to know your thoughts on doing a front brake conversion to disc and replacing the single circuit master cylinder with a dual circuit cylinder? I know what the parts generally cost. Any idea what it would cost to have a shop do the work? I don't trust myself to do brakes. Thanks!
darzoom

Post by darzoom »

They would more than likely charge about 2-4 hours. You could do it yourself in that timeframe. That also depends if you are replacing your spindles or not.
mnkytail

Post by mnkytail »

Perfect! Thanks!
darzoom

Post by darzoom »

BTW, if you installing a dual circuit master cylinder, you will need to have 2 supply lines for the MC. The original 66 brake fluid reservoir has one outlet so you will need a "T" fitting inline to split to both sides of the new MC. When I did mine I could not find a dual feed reservoir that would fit in the 66 without body modification or mounting the reservoir in an alternate location.
mnkytail

Post by mnkytail »

Thanks for the heads up on the reservoir! I would have been very frustrated trying to fit one in there.