Bumper parts colors

Here's the place to come to post when you have questions relating to technical issues or mechanical questions on the 1966 model year.

Digger89L

Bumper parts colors

Post by Digger89L »

I've tried searching the forums for this info; I've reviewed photos of 'original' bugs;and I've checked with the online parts suppliers, but I can't seem to get a straight,consistent answer: what are the 'correct' colors for the bumper brackets and bumper support bars on a 66 Beetle? I've seen silver gray bars AND brackets; black bars AND brackets; silver bars and black brackets; and black bars and silver brackets. Anyone have the definitive correct answer? Thanks
"If you can't fix it with zip ties and duct tape, or hold it together with velcro or magnets, it REALLY is broken."
hercdriver

Post by hercdriver »

When I bought my bumpers from Wolfsburg West, they insisted that silver was correct for 66 bumper brackets. I bought a can of their paint and it turned out well.

I believe this is it. I would call them to confirm it.

http://www.wolfsburgwest.com/cart/Detai ... D=PAINTL91
Digger89L

Post by Digger89L »

Yes....thanks for that info. I have had it confirmed elsewhere that silver/gray is the correct colour for the 66 bumper mounting bits. L91 sounds like the correct shade. Also had it confirmed with this photo from a 1966 VW brochure.
"If you can't fix it with zip ties and duct tape, or hold it together with velcro or magnets, it REALLY is broken."