The 1966 VW Beetle Forum Forum Index The 1966 VW Beetle Forum
This Forum is proudly sponsored by
www.1966vwbeetle.com - "The Site for 1966 Beetle Owners & Fans"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Under dashboard heating pipes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The 1966 VW Beetle Forum Forum Index -> 1966 Technical or Mechanical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tofufi

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:14 pm    Post subject: Under dashboard heating pipes Reply with quote

Hi Folks,

It's been a while since I've been on here, but I'm just getting towards the end of my 1966 bug restoration Smile

Does anyone have any photographs of the original routing for the under-dash heater pipes? I've got the Y pieces, but not sure exactly where they should be and how the tubes should be run. Am I right in thinking the two brackets on the boot (trunk) floor near the door pillars are for securing the heater tubes?
As it stands now...

Thanks Smile
Digger89L

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The diagram at the bottom of this page from Wolfsburg West shows the heater hose configuration for the front. And, if you click on the numbers it will show details of the individual components. I've taken photos of the hose routing in my 66 bug (before disassembly) to remind how to put it back together. http://www.wolfsburgwest.com/wolfsburg_new/body_misc/misc_bug_body.cfm
tofufi

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the link. I know what parts there are, I just can't see how they fit/route under the hood to connect together without getting in the way of the hinge mechanism Smile
Digger89L

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a couple of shots of the hose locations ...as the hoses come out of the wheel well area. The outer-most hoses go to the windshield lower right and left corner heat outlets, and the inner-most hoses are routed to the dash center vent outlet. On the driverside, the black hose snakes up over the radio speaker, and on the passenger side, it snakes up over the glove box. There are metal straps on the body to hold the hoses in place. Pretty straightforward, really.

dash vent heater hoses.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  26.9 KB
 Viewed:  638 Time(s)

dash vent heater hoses.jpg

hose locations.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  53.48 KB
 Viewed:  638 Time(s)

hose locations.jpg

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The 1966 VW Beetle Forum Forum Index -> 1966 Technical or Mechanical Forum All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: