Marks 66

Let's hear about your 1966 VW Beetle - How long have you owned it? What attracted you to this specific model year? what makes it unique? PLEASE - NO TECHNICAL OR MECHANICAL QUESTIONS IN THIS FORUM - PLEASE POST THEM IN THE TECHNICAL/MECHANICAL SECTION. Thanks John
marklee

Marks 66

Post by marklee »

Bought this yesterday, a very original car, has had paint some good some abysmal but a really solid ride. Most service history, genuine 99k miles,anyone know anything about Billy?

rcs_80

Post by rcs_80 »

Sweet ride! Very clean. Congrats. What are your plans for it?
marklee

Post by marklee »

I am going to keep it as original spec as possible. I need to sort some electrical gremlins and repair and repaint some shoddy areas.the generator bearings are shot and the distributor needs replacing. Oil leaks to fix and a full service will see it good for a while. Then its annual test time so we will have to see what that throws up. He is structurally sound so no issues there...
Bug-Eyed

Post by Bug-Eyed »

I swear some of you guys are developing your pictures backwards. LOL! :lol:
marklee

Post by marklee »

so, we fast forward 3 years, Billy has a new TMI 66 one year only interior, excellent quality. I have cut and fitted new carpets using the originals as patterns and aside from routine servicing and a replacement steering box, all is well

a little light restoration

h~moto

Post by h~moto »

Very nice!
marklee

Post by marklee »

thank you