Scruffy SIGNIN IN

This is the place to introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself.....
scruffy

Scruffy SIGNIN IN

Post by scruffy »

:roll: well hello,I just found this site from a link posted on VWTrends as I was looking over a headliner install. Looks like a pain. I have a 66 with dire need of some tlc. She's been sitting in a barn for 23 years with surprisingly little rust. need to replace running boards cuz there about gone. spare tire trough,front apron and maybe front fender will have to be replaced. Somebody ran into something and they did a creative bit of bodywork and then gave her a nice coat of paint. I also have a 71 super that I've been working on. So many projects and so little time. I got the bug in high school riding with some buddies to a James Brown concert in a 62 Rag,hooked ever since :D
66vw,62vwtrike,71vw super project car and 73vw bus,and one sometimes understanding wife
jmartini
Administrator

Post by jmartini »

Welcome Scruffy!!! Sounds like you have your hands full with all your projects but that 66 beetle sounds like it was a good find! I don't think replacing any of the items you talked about will be a big deal - or hard to find! Well, maybe with the exception of the headliner (I hear those can be a bear!), but there are some good video's out there on how to replace them.

Thanks for joining the forum Scruffy! Hope to hear a lot more from you and see the progress you make on your VW's! John
Jan

Post by Jan »

Scruffy.... Welcome to 1966vwbeetle.com... this one place where you can get personal attention!! Yah!!
Jan
fourcylinder

Post by fourcylinder »

Welcome Scruffy!!! Sorry I posted to this so late! Hope to hear more from you in the future - looking forward to getting updates on your project - I saw your pictures in the gallery - very Nice! Congrats! Phil
Phil
San Antonio
scruffy

Post by scruffy »

:D Thank you for the warm welcome. 22 below this morning again!! so it's nice to have to have people with similar interests to talk to. I,ve been playing with these little critters for 35 to 40 years so If you need anything let me know I might be able to help :lol: if not I'm sure somebody here will. I know I'll have a few questions especially on this bodywork stuff,as you can tell by the pictures. :?:
66vw,62vwtrike,71vw super project car and 73vw bus,and one sometimes understanding wife
jmartini
Administrator

Post by jmartini »

BBBBBBBBBRRRRRRRRRRR!

It's only -2 here this morning! Sorry I won't be much help in the body work department but I'm sure others can help. Wow - it's great that you have so much experience with the bugs - I'm sure you will get lots of questions! Stay Warm!!!!!