Door Seals

Let's hear about your 1966 VW Beetle - How long have you owned it? What attracted you to this specific model year? what makes it unique? PLEASE - NO TECHNICAL OR MECHANICAL QUESTIONS IN THIS FORUM - PLEASE POST THEM IN THE TECHNICAL/MECHANICAL SECTION. Thanks John
Roger57

Door Seals

Post by Roger57 »

Hi can anyone recommend good quality door seals, I have tried a couple of different "German Quality" seals, but they appear to be too thick or the material is too hard, which stops the doors from closing. They also throw the door out of alignment by putting too much pressure on the front of the door and the hinges? Any ideas would be appreciated? Thank you
darzoom

Post by darzoom »

You can't go wrong with Wolfsburg West.
Roger57

Post by Roger57 »

Thank you, I have managed to source some from a UK motor factor, which fit much better as the rubber is not as hard as those from Wolfsburg West.
darzoom

Post by darzoom »

Cool! I am glad you found some locally.
Markyjig

Post by Markyjig »

Roger57 wrote:Thank you, I have managed to source some from a UK motor factor, which fit much better as the rubber is not as hard as those from Wolfsburg West.
Which motor factor in the UK?
darzoom

Post by darzoom »

I installed my Wolfsburg West seals on Saturday and they were different sizes. I had to cut the back of one side to get them to fit into the slot on the door. Seems they too have intermittent issues with their products. Glad you found some that worked well.