carb tunning/ Jets swopping!!!

Here's the place to come to post when you have questions relating to technical issues or mechanical questions on the 1966 model year.

KKV270

carb tunning/ Jets swopping!!!

Post by KKV270 »

Hi.
Been on a pretty long journey (770Km) that my motor delivered pretty well...judging from the terrains we have...with an average of 20Km/litre.....which I must sat, was quite impressive to me.
The only issue I have, my idle is so, so random. At times, it gives a super high rave...that ends up being worrying as it heats up the motor faster. Other times, it is too low that the motor goes off.
All attempts to tune the carb have failed...i actually screwed in the idle jut totally in & there seems to be no effect.
Im tempted to return the 28pict as it would tune up well...but has no functional choke, plus it flushes out petrol from the reservoir.... BUT would want to keep things as designed by the engenious engineers....hence 30pict 3.
Help me. What can I do?? I have the same return trip to make....i would love the same performance minus the irregular idle raves.

Question....what would be the effect of swooping the jets. I notticed the one on the 28pict had smaller holes & were not positioned in the same place as the ones on the 30 pict.... Please give me sound advice on this matter.
Thanks.
Pardon my loong loong writing....just want to be clear with my need.
Thanks.
darzoom

Post by darzoom »

You solve this? Sounds like an air leak.
KKV270

Post by KKV270 »

Hi darzoom

Thanks. I solved this thread issue.
Thanks.