Electrical Help (solved)

Here's the place to come to post when you have questions relating to technical issues or mechanical questions on the 1966 model year.

Badman24

Electrical Help (solved)

Post by Badman24 »

So I order replacement gels for the speedo. before I removed the speedo I took pictures of the wiring. I put the speedo back in and hook up everything and now when I turn the key on the blinker (green light) flashes. I used the wiring diagram from this site and it seems correct. the outside blinkers don't flash until you move the blinker switch to either the left or right side. Only one bulb is connected to the relay. Could this be cause by a bad ground? This is a converted 12 volt system. also the picture you can see a brown wire attached to the speedo's mounting bolt, is the correct?
Attachments
Small.jpg
Small.jpg (193.07 KiB) Viewed 3914 times
Badman24

Post by Badman24 »

Ok I knew once I asked for help from this site I would solved the problem by myself (always happens to me). For those that would like to know, it was the black wire coming off the 8th fuse (if you look at it from inside the hood). I overlooked it on the wiring diagram. I have been staring at this for a couple of days and then I saw a black power wire not going to anything, so I look at the wiring diagram and there it was. You cant see it in the picture. but the part with the three bottom light don't have power until the black wire is hooked up. the light was flashing because the relay has power. it confused me because it was lit up.
darzoom

Post by darzoom »

Glad you found it as to your point it could not bee seen from the picture.
Digger89L

Post by Digger89L »

A 12 volt system with a 6 volt flasher?? Does it flash really fast??
"If you can't fix it with zip ties and duct tape, or hold it together with velcro or magnets, it REALLY is broken."
Badman24

Post by Badman24 »

lol no it flashes like normal.